Roger Snow developed Crazy 4 Card Poker. He is also the one who created Ultimate Texas Hold’em, 4 Card Poker, and a few more games. Crazy 4 Poker has been active for nearly a dozen years and is a pretty prominent presence at casinos with several tables, such as casinos on the Las Vegas strip. It is distributed by Shuffle Master, a subsidiary of Scientific Games, Inc. Even though Crazy 4 Card Poker is not a top-tier game like Three Card Poker or Ultimate Texas Hold’em, it’s on a list of second-tier options.
What is Crazy 4 Poker?
Crazy 4 Poker (C4P) has been one of the most famous patent table games for many years. Only Three Card Poker and Let-it-Ride have had more placements in Las Vegas during the previous five years. As a result, advantage players will be paying great attention to this game at trusted online casino Singapore.
How to play 4 Card Poker?
After the player and dealer get their cards, C4P includes the critical component for a hole-card weakness. Here, the player gets to make a strategic option (fold/raise 1/raise 3). The difficulty for the AP is that the quantity of information provided by a single hole-card is insufficient to tip the scales in his favor.
What are the Crazy 4 Card Poker rules?
The goal of Crazy 4 Poker is to defeat the dealer with a hand of four cards that have similar:
- Card values
- Consecutive sequence
It’s best to fold if your hand is a jumble of cards in no particular sequence.
The 4 card poker rules
- To begin, all players must choose an Ante bet and a Super Bonus Wager of equal value. At this moment, the player can also place a bet on the Queens Up and Super Bonus side bet.
- Hand rankings are identical to poker and go as follows, from highest to lowest value:
- Four of a Kind
- Straight Flush
- Three of a Kind
- Two Pair
- No Pairs
- The dealer will then deal 5 cards to each player, including themself.
- Following that, the players will then assess their cards. They determine whether to fold or increase their wagers by making a Play wager.
- In case that the player chooses to fold, he then forfeits all his bets.
- Also, the player can raise his bet depending on the cards he is holding. So, if the player has at least a pair of Aces, he can raise his Ante bet x1, x2, or x3 the amount at the start of the round. Otherwise, the player can only increase their stake by the same amount as their Ante bet, or just x1.
- Players construct their strongest four-card poker hand and then discard the fifth card.
- After the players complete this stage of the game, they will discard one of their cards.
- In addition, they will compare their remaining four cards to the dealer’s cards to see who has the most valued cards.
- Only for the sake of the Ante bet, the dealer must open with at least a king-high. If the dealer has any pairs or other combinations, his hand can be played against the four best cards of the players.
What is the Payout for Ante, Play, Queens Up, and Super Bonus bet?
The following is the payout for the Ante bet:
- Ante pushes when the dealer does not open.
- Your Ante wins when the dealer opens and the player wins.
- Ante pushes after the dealer opens and ties.
- Your Ante bet loses when the dealer opens and he wins.
The following is how the Play bet pays out:
- In case the dealer does not open, then the Play bet wins.
- Your Play bet wins when the dealer opens and the player wins.
- In case that the dealer opens and ties with the player, your Play bet will become a push.
- Your Play bet loses if the dealer opens and wins at the same time.
Whether or not the dealer is open is unimportant, the following is the payout for the Super Bonus bet:
- If the player has a straight or higher (without beating the dealer), the Super Bonus is won according to the paytable below.
- Super Bonus pushes if the player has less than a straight and wins or pushes.
- The player will lose his Super Bonus bet when he has less than straight and loses.
Super Bonus Pay Table Payout
|200 to 1
|30 to 1
|15 to 1
|Three of a kind
|2 to 1
|1.5 to 1
|1 to 1
Queens Up Pay Table Payout
|50 to 1
|30 to 1
|9 to 1
|4 to 1
|3 to 1
|2 to 1
|Pair of Queens or Better
|1 to 1
The house edge on the Queens Up bet is 6.7 percent, making it a terrible play for optimum strategy. To give you an idea of how awful it is, American Roulette has a house edge of 5.26 percent. It means you are better off spinning the wheel and praying for a victory at top online casino Singapore.
Crazy Four Poker Beginner’s Strategy
Memorizing and remembering the best strategy is something tiresome and difficult. But with this easy method, you may get pretty near to it. To apply, follow the first rule.
- When you’re able, make a big raise (with pair of Aces or higher).
- With K-Q-8-4 or higher, make a small rise.
- Otherwise, fold all other hands.
When compared to the optimum strategy, the K-Q-8-4 approach increases the house edge by 0.000089 percent.
Intermediate Crazy 4 Card Poker Strategy
Have you played 4-Card Poker before at the best online betting site in Singapore? If so, here’s a technique to try when you play Crazy 4 Poker online at top Live casinos in Singapore.
- With a pair of aces or better, bet x3 the ante.
- If you have a Pair of Kings through Jacks and the dealer’s upcard is lower than your pair, you should play x3 Ante. Otherwise, you should bet x1 Ante.
- When your pair of tens or nines is greater than the dealer’s upcard, then bet x1 Ante. Otherwise, bet x3 Ante.
- If you have a Pair of Eights and the dealer’s upcard is a Two, you should wager x3 Ante. Otherwise, you should bet x1 Ante.
- With a Pair of Sevens through Twos, bet 1x Ante.
- If you have a Pair of Twos or Ace-King-Queen High and the dealer’s upcard is of the same rank as one of your cards, bet 1x Ante. Otherwise, you should fold.
- On the other hand combinations, you should fold.
In Crazy 4 card poker, the house edge is 2.8526 percent when you play the intermediate strategy.
Advanced Crazy 4 Card Poker Strategy
For players that are familiar with famous gambling phrases and have a lot of 4-Card Poker experience, here’s an advanced strategy:
- With a pair of Aces or better, bet x3 the Ante.
- If you have a pair of Kings, bet x3 Ante. However, if you don’t have an Ace or a Four and the dealer’s upcard is an Ace, bet x1 Ante.
- When you have a pair of Queens or Jacks, bet x3 Ante. However, if the dealer’s upcard outranks your Pair and is not of the same rank as the other cards in your hand, wager x1 Ante.
- If you have a pair of Tens or Nines, wager x3 your Ante bet. However, bet x1 your Ante if the dealer’s upcard outranks your Pair.
- With a Pair of Eights, wager x1 Ante. On the other hand, if the dealer’s upcard is a Two, bet x3 Ante.
- With a Pair of Sevens through Fours, bet x1 Ante.
- If you have a pair of Threes, bet x1 the Ante. However, fold if your highest kicker is a Ten and lower while the dealer’s upcard is a Jack.
- You should fold when having a Pair of Twos or Ace, King, Queen high cards. On the other hand, bet x1 your Ante if the dealer’s upcard and your card are of the same rank.
- If you have an Ace, King, Jack, Ten high card, then fold. Otherwise, wager x1 the Ante when the dealer’s upcard is Jack.
- Meanwhile, if you have an Ace, King, Jack, Nine cards, or lower, then you should fold.
Crazy 4 Card Poker: The Definitions
Unless the context indicates otherwise, the following phrases and terminology in the Crazy 4 Poker Rules have the following meanings:
Five-Card Envy Bonus – Does the Crazy 4 Poker table has a Five-Card Envy Bonus Qualifying Hand? The 5-card envy bonus is an extra fixed amount payoff is awarded to the person who placed a Five-Card Progressive Payout Wager.
5-Card Envy Bonus Qualifying Hand – This refers to a five-card Poker hand that ranks as a straight flush or better.
Five-Card Progressive Payout Hand – It is a five-card Poker hand with a three-of-a-kind or greater rank for the player.
Four-Card Envy Bonus – When another player at the Crazy 4 Poker table has a Four-Card Envy Bonus Qualifying Hand, a player who placed a Four-Card Progressive Reward Wager will get an extra fixed amount payout.
Four-Card Envy Bonus Qualifying Hand – It refers to a four-card Poker hand having a rank of four-of-a-kind. If included in the licensee’s paytable, it means a straight flush.
Four-Card Progressive Payout Hand – It refers to a four-card Poker hand with a three-of-a-kind or better rank.
Other Crazy Four Poker Terminologies
Hand – After the cards are dealt, each player and the dealer hold a four-card poker hand.
Lucky Bonus — A player who made a Five Card Hand Bonus Wager on the following games will get an extra payout:
- If the player is seated in a randomly chosen position by the table gaming system, the player’s hand.
- When the dealer position is chosen at random by the table gaming system, the dealer’s hand.
Magic Card Bonus — A player who made a Five Card Hand Bonus Wager on the following games will get an extra payout:
- The player’s hand. Here, the player will receive an additional payout if one of the player’s cards matches the randomly chosen card by the table gaming system.
- The dealer’s hand. He will receive an extra payout if one of the dealer’s cards matches the randomly chosen card by the table gaming system.
Play Bet — If a player chooses to continue competing against the dealer after seeing his hand, he must place an extra stake.
Queens Up Bet — The bet that a player must make before any cards are dealt to compete against a published paytable, regardless of the outcome of the player’s hand versus the dealer’s hand.
Crazy Poker: Strategy and Analysis
This game has the potential to pay out a lot of money to its players at the best online betting sites in Singapore. Players should keep their eyes out for situations where increasing their bets is a good idea. According to statistics, any hand containing the numbers King, Queen, 8, 4, or higher has an advantage over the dealer. In addition, the player should boost their stake with a raised bet. Another important rule of thumb in Crazy 4 Poker is to raise 3x whenever possible. Folding, according to strategists, is the best option in all other cases.
Crazy 4 Poker is a fun game that may deliver unexpected levels of excitement and is a welcome change from the more popular and commonly played casino games. It’s easy to get acclimated to, and with the strategic advice in this article, players should have no trouble figuring out when and how to wager when playing this game. Also know more about betting 1×2 for better betting experience.
Crazy 4 Poker FAQs:
In four-card poker, what are the chances of obtaining a royal flush?
When playing Crazy 4 Card Poker, you have a 0.000154 percent probability of making the greatest poker hand. Making a royal flush has a 649,739-to-1 chance of occurring.
In four-card poker, what is the best hand?
From strongest to weakest, the four-card poker hand rankings are Four of a Kind, Straight Flush, Three of a Kind, Flush, Straight, Two Pair, Pair, and No Pairs.
What is the 6-Card Bonus in Crazy 4 Poker?
The 6-Card Bonus is a side bet seen in a number of Scientific Games’ most popular games. This side bet appears to be exclusive to Caesars Entertainment-owned casinos. Since at least 2009, various pay tables have been utilized.